Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Look For Less: Choker Necklace


Child of Wild Gojjam Black Velvet Choker $48, featured in For Love and Lemons holiday look book

The 90's are back in a big way via choker necklaces. The black velvet ones I've been seeing by designers Child of Wild and Vanessa Mooney add a bit of attitude, and sexiness to any look. 
For "trendy" pieces like this, I prefer to start with a dupe to see how much wear I get out of it. And, to see if I even like it enough to splurge on a higher end product. Here's a dupe to try out the trend!
Western Concho's are on all types of accessories right now. I've noticed them on boots, belts, hats, and jewelry. Can you believe there's an $85 difference between these two chokers? The Vanessa Mooney necklace is definitely more heavy duty, featuring a clasp and a few more conchos. But I'd be just fine with the Pylo option. Check out their website for quite a few more chokers in the $9 to $20 range.
Or, pick up the real deal on sale!! at Urban Outfitters:
Vanessa Mooney Cross Choker now $29.99

What are your favorite accessories at the moment?
XO, Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment